What do most modern women do to maintain the health and beauty of their nails? Do manicures, use nourishing creams, visit treatment salons – and all this does produce a positive effect. However, there are still a number of ways to care, which do not require a lot of time and money, but play an important role for such an important part of women’s beauty, as the nails. Here you will find some useful recommendations for daily self-care for your nails. Following these tips, you can not only maintain their beauty and durability, but also significantly reduce the cost of expensive procedures and cosmetics.
Good nutrition for healthy nails
Healthy nutrition, so much spoken and written these days, significantly affects the condition of all vital systems and organs. Nails, the basis of which is calcium, are no exception in this case. In order to maintain their strength and avoid flaking, it is necessary to add curd, cauliflower, leafy greens, citrus fruits, dried fruits and seafood to your standard diet. Separately, it is recommended to pick up a multivitamin complex containing vitamins C, A and E (especially it helps to keep your nails healthy during pregnancy).
Stable care all year round
Like any other element of the skin, our nails are sensitive to adverse weather events, exposure to chemicals and even hard tap water. Therefore, compliance with elementary norms of protection will maximize the strength and beauty. Nothing supernatural is required here. Enough, just wear rubber gloves when washing dishes or rinsing clothes, moisturize your hands in dry summer weather, and in the cold be sure to use mittens or gloves to protect against chilblains and frostbite.
Use less nail polish remover
It’s very harmful to the nails and doesn’t make them stronger at all. I think it’s because of the acetone it contains. If you use the same color nail polish all the time, just paint over it. You don’t have to wash it off every time.
Treatments at home
A great benefit for the nails are various baths. Many girls and women are intimidated by the very suggestion to do self-treatments. For some, this is due to the fear of doing something wrong, and for others the reluctance is caused by simple laziness. Believe me, it is enough to make yourself spend 15 minutes a couple of times, and then this simple and pleasant procedure will successfully enter into your daily routine. As for concerns, the composition of those baths offered here, in no way can cause harm, even with the wrong dosage or overdue time.
Three kinds of baths are considered the most useful:
- Oil, which is prepared on the basis of vegetable, olive or castor oil and heated in a water bath. Nails are soaked in such a solution for 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a week. This bath produces a strong moisturizing and strengthening effect, as well as helping to enrich the nails with vitamins.
- Lemon bath, which consists of the usual immersion of the nails in lemon pulp. Such baths are useful for yellowing of the surface and foliation. Citric acid has a bleaching effect and prevents splitting.
- Salt, which is prepared on the basis of 2-3 spoons of sea salt dissolved in warm water. Nails are soaked in such a solution for 3-5 minutes, and the procedure should be repeated no more than 3 times a week. Such baths significantly accelerate growth and increase the strength of nail plates.
Everyday tips for nails care
Talking to women about manicure at home, then almost everyone has their own ideas about how to look after their nails, but due to not knowing some aspects I often correct and give advice on how to make them even better, here is a short list of frequent tips that women should know in the first place:
In order to prevent air bubbles in the polish, which can ruin your manicure, do not shake the can of polish;
If you want your nails to dry faster, then dip your hand into cool water;
If you want your manicure to last a long time, reapply the fixer every three days;
It is believed that in women’s nails, the optimal protrusion of half a centimeter, such nails will not only be practical, but also look good;
To make your nails split less, file them in the same direction;
- Nails can shine not only from polishes, but also from suede, for this you need to rub your nails to a natural shine;
- To make your nails less flaky, stick and hold them in lemon slices for 5-10 minutes;
- If you want your nails to be less brittle and fragile, rub cranberry juice into them, for a while;
- If you want your nails to be less brittle, rub some cranberry juice in them for a while;
- Abstain from smoking, it damages not only your lungs, but also your nails, making them more brittle, brittle and with a changed color;
- When doing household chores, use rubber gloves, they will protect against the harmful effects of detergents;
Use our tips and your nails will always be perfect.